Our main priority is to make your stay as easy, safe and pleasant as possible!
Treatment of varicose veins of legs is a common reason for going to medical centers in Latvia. Up to 89 % of women and 66 % of men suffer from this disease. There is a recent trend of development of varicose veins even among schoolchildren and teenagers.
Because of varicose veins a small swelling of soft tissues appear, usually in the feet, ankles and lower shins, especially in early stages of the disease, when the veins are not very dilated. These symptoms often occur in the evenings, during the hot days, especially after prolonged standing or walking.
Our specialists of varicose veins treatment clinic in Latvia quickly determine the extent of the disease. If patients at this stage of the disease do not seek professional help, then the hyperpigmentation of the skin, lipodermatosclerosis and trophic ulcers appear. Inflammation of the vein wall – thrombophlebitis – is a very dangerous condition, because of high risk of blood clot appearance on the vein wall.
Varicose veins treatment should be started with a consultation of phlebologist, analysis of blood clotting, and ultrasound of the veins. For example, treatment of veins with bio-adhesive is one of those newest technologies. Latvia – is one of the five countries that have received the certificate for the treatment with bio-glue, and “Baltic vein Clinic” is the only in the Baltic States.
In this procedure, the vein is not removed, and the biological glue is injected into a vein, which subsequently transforms into connective tissue. The adhesive is completely harmless and the surgery is painless. The patient can walk independently within an hour. And the result is visible almost immediately – the vein becomes less visible.
Bioadhesive (VENASEAL system)
The most careful minimally invasive method of curing varicose problems. During this procedure, the vein is not removed but gets closed from the inside. Bioadhesive gets injected into the vein and becomes a connecting tissue as following.
- This method is used with patients who have contraindications to anaesthesia.
- Bioadhesive is completely harmless.
- The procedure is painless. Patient can walk independently one hour after procedure.
- This method excludes tissue damage and haemorrhage.
- There is no need of wearing compression stockings.
- The result is seen almost immediately.
What does experts of medical centers of Latvia recommend to prevent treatment varicose veins:
- Regular exercises, especially swimming.
- Required weight control to reduce the load on the lower limbs and veins
- Avoid prolonged standing and sitting. If it is necessary, do a gentle massage of the feet and move periodically. Use medical compression stockings, and while taking a shower, take a contrast shower washing feet and ankles with cold water.
- Give up smoking.
- Use less salt in food. As salt retains fluid in the body, so it is best to use a variety of spices as taste enhancers to replace salt.
- Abandon the tight clothing and uncomfortable shoes. Give preference to natural fabrics and shoes with a small heel.
The key advantage of treatment of varicose veins in Latvia is the price. A full range of medical services is cheaper than in Western Europe. But the quality of services at Latvian clinics is not inferior to European and American standards.