Our main priority is to make your stay as easy, safe and pleasant as possible!
The term infertility is defined as the inability to conceive despite regular and unprotected intercourse for 2 years. But a comprehensive treatment of infertility in our medical centers in Latvia will help to cope with the disease.
The list of risk factors such as the woman’s age, abnormal menstrual periods, history of pelvic inflammatory disease and whether there has been previous abdominal or pelvic surgery, history of undescended testicles may warrant earlier investigations and treatment of infertility.
Medicine distinguishes 2 stages of infertility.
- primary – if pregnancy has not occurred within 12 months with regular sexual relations with a partner (there was neither ectopic, aborted, nor regressing (frozen) pregnancy)
- secondary – if pregnancy does not recur within 6 months or was preceded by an ectopic pregnancy, regressing (frozen) pregnancy, abotion or miscarriage.
There is aldo the concept of an absolute infertility. In cases, when it is impossible for a woman to get pregnant or give birth in a natural way, for instance because of the anomaly of the structure of uterus or appendages. Our experts of infertility treatment centers in Latvia will help determine the severity of the disease.
Causes of infertility are almost the same during both stages.
- Both partners living an unhealthy lifestyle – smoking, alcohol consumption, stress, unhealthy eating, enthusiasm for diets, bad ecology.
- Heredity, age-related changes in the body, previous abortion, physiological features
- Hormonal disorders in woman, endocrine and autoimmune diseases
- Complications after gynaecological surgeries, surgical interventions or scrotal injuries
- Endometriosis, fallopian tube obstruction, neoplasms in the ovaries and uterus, myomas, presence of cysts
- Infections: ureaplasma, cytomegalovirus, human papillomavirus, chlamydia and others.
- Psychological reasons, unexplainable incompatibility of partners.
In infertility treatment clinic in Latvia doctors successfully help in solving that problems.
- diagnosis of men’s and women's infertility (ultrasound, spermogram, functional test on binding sperm selection with hyaluronic acid (HBA-test), preimplantation genetic diagnosis, tests on the presence of metabolic diseases, sperm analysis using Kruger’s strict criteria);
- treatment of all types of sexually transmitted infections;
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), intracytoplasmic sperm injection of eggs (ICSI), ZIFT, GIFT, blastocyst cultivation, embrio cultivation in a highly enriched environment, emrio release from the outer shell (assisted hatching), IUI;
- possibility to freeze your sperm, as well as eggs and use of donor material if necessary, virtification.
To make the diagnosis process and infertility treatment in Riga faster and easier, we offer you to contact us to receive an online consultation, undertake all necessary tests in our clinic’s laboratory or in your home country and then make an appointment with the doctor to plan your treatment.
The price of infertility treatment in Lithuania does not differ in the standard of living in Western Europe, but is cheaper.